Friday, October 2, 2009

Basic English I

Basic English

Hello, my name is John. Hola, me llamo John.)
I am John. (Soy Juan.)
I am a teacher. (Soy profesor.)
We are teachers. (Somos profesores.)
You are students. (Sois alumnos.)
You are a student. (Eres/es estudiante.)
Where are you from? (¿De dónde eres?)
I am from Seattle in the United States of America. (Soy de Seattle en los Estados Unidos de América.)
I am American. (Soy americano.)
You are from Spain. (eres/sois de España.)
We are Spanish.
What is your name? (¿Cómo te llamas?)
What is his name? (¿Cómo se llama?)

To Be
I am (yo soy, estoy)
You are (tú eres, estás)
He/ she/ it (Él, ella, ello es /está)
We are (nosotros/as somos/estamos)
You are (vosotros/as sóis/estáis)
They are (ellos/as son /están).

I have two brothers. (Tengo dos hermanos)
You have a red car. (Tienes un coche rojo.)
He has five apples. (Él tiene 5 manzanas.)
We have many books. We have a lot of books. (Tenemos muchos libros.)
We have many friends. (Tenemos muchos amigos)
I have to go to work now. (Ahora tengo que ir al trabajo.)

To Have
I have (yo tengo)
You have (tú tienes)
He has (él tiene)
She has (ella tiene)
It has (ello tiene)
We have (nosotros/as tenemos)
You have (vosotros/as tenéis)
They have (ellos/as tienen)

Days of the Week (los días de la semana)
Monday-Lunes.
Tuesday-Martes.
Wednesday-Miércoles.
Thursday-Jueves.
Friday-Viernes.
Saturday-Sábado.
Sunday-Domingo.

Months of the Year (Meses del Año)
January-Enero.
February-Febrero.
March-Marzo.
April-Abril.
May-Mayo.
June-Junio.
July-Julio.
August-Agosto.
September-Septiembre.
October-October.
November-Noviembre.
December-Diciembre.

Seasons of the Year (las Estaciones del Año)
Spring-Primavera.
Summer-Verano.
Autumn/Fall-Otoño.
Winter-Invierno.

I do my homework every day at six o’clock. (Hago mis tareas todos los días a las seis.)
To Do
I do (yo hago)
You do (tú haces)
He does (él hace)
She does (ella hace)
It does (ello hace)
We do (Nosotros/as hacemos)
You do (Vosotros/as hacéis)
They do ( ellos/as hacen)

The Family

Father: Padre
Daddy o Dad: Papá, familiarmente.
Mother: madre
Mummy o Mum: Mamá, familiarmente.
Sister: Hermana.
Brother: Hermano.
Uncle: Tío
Aunt: Tía.
Grandfather: Abuelo.
Grandpa, Granny: Abuelo, familiarmente.
Grandmother: Abuela.
Grandma, Granny: Abuela, familiarmente.
Father-in-law: Padre político, suegro.
Mother-in-law: Madre política, suegra.
Sister-in-law: Hermana política, cuñada.
Brother-in-law: Hermano político, cuñado.
Son: Hijo.
Daughter: Hija.

He does not want to go to school. (Él no quiere ir a la escuela.)
Sam does not like green eggs and ham. (A Sam no le gustan los huevos y jamón verdes.)